Vermihut Lavender boutique worm farm - OUT OF STOCK
Made from 100% recycled plastic and now UV stabilized, our worm farms come in great colours: Lime Retro Green, Deep Sea Green and Limited Edition Lavender.
Limited stock remaining.
M Boards sold out.
Want something right away? Check out the new Aussie Made Worm Castle!
The VermiHut is also more stable than alternatives with its one piece moulded leg system which will not collapse under the weight of its contents or when knocked by a passer by, unlike clip-in leg system models.
Our worm farms come in great colours: Lime Retro Green, Deep Sea Green and Limited Edition Lavender.
Other features of this great stylish worm farm include:
- Colours to suit your home and garden - looks great in all backyard designs
- Educational – involves the kids in recycling, growing veggies, and ‘closing the loop’
- Approx 20% smaller than some household worm farms, meaning less weight per basket, making it easier to handle for our children, older generation and people with injuries.
- Smaller unit means quicker turnover of tiers, giving you fresher castings to use, less stagnation and therefore less problems
- Not being black means less outside heat absorption, so your worms stand a greater chance during heatwaves
- Accommodates up to 3 to 4 kgs of worms (8,000 worms) – enough for a family of 7.
- Holds approx 40 litres of worm castings.
- Worms will migrate from tray to tray – generally up when it rains, and down when it’s hot. They will move around to the food that interests them and to regulate their temperature and moisture
- Great size and design for smaller backyards, courtyards and balconies etc.
The VermiHut Kit contains.
3 working trays/tiers, coconut fibre bedding, user manual written by my lovely friend Shayne Rogers, lid, moisture collection tray and tap, sturdy one piece leg system and free email and phone assistance. (priceless)
- Worms – usually sold by the 1,000 ($45/1000 or $35/1000 if purchased with a worm farm)
- M Board – Elevates your trays for better air circulation and prevents worms migrating into the moisture tray ($14RRP)
- Worm blankets – helps keep top layer moist and prevents fruit fly breeding ($10)
- Wormfrodesiac – a special Chooktopia mix of high protein pellets to promote breeding and population growth amongst your worms
- Wormditioner – A pH regulation powder to help manage your worm farm